New York Skyline

Dedicated. Dependable. Personal Attention

White House & United States Flag

“Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave. O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave” – U.S. National Anthem

US Passport

“We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.” – President Jimmy Carter


“…with liberty and justice for all.”

R-1, Religious Workers

R visas are nonimmigrant visas for ministers, persons working in a professional capacity in a religious vocation or occupation (nuns, monks), or persons working for a religious organization in a religious vocation or occupation.  Also, in order to qualify, the foreign national must have been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the United States for at least 2 years immediately preceding the filing of the petition and must provide evidence of the same.

Petitions for an R1 worker must be filed by a prospective or existing U.S. employer.  An R-1 visa cannot be issued at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad without prior approval by USCIS.  There are certain general requirements which must be satisfied by the petitioning organization as well as by the religious worker, the beneficiary of the petition.  Such documentation includes proof of tax exemption of U.S. organization or documentation required to obtain tax-exempt status, letter from authorized official employing the worker, and proof of any previous R-1 employment.

R-1 worker’s spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may be eligible for R-2 classification.  The dependents of an R-1 worker may not accept employment while in the United States in R2 status.

Terms/Admission: entry is limited to 5 years. Initial admission is for 3 years.  After 5 years, must reside and be physically present outside U.S. for one year, to be eligible again.