New York Skyline

Dedicated. Dependable. Personal Attention

White House & United States Flag

“Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave. O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave” – U.S. National Anthem

US Passport

“We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.” – President Jimmy Carter


“…with liberty and justice for all.”


Another route to a Green Card may be achieved if you qualify for asylum.  Thousands of people come to the U.S. every year seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, and/or for their political opinion.

Within one year of arriving to the U.S, you can apply for asylum by filing a Form I-589 and there is no filing fee.  You can include your spouse and children under 21 at the time you file the applicant or any time before a final decision is made on your case.
You may apply for work authorization if 150 days have passed since you filed your asylum application and no decision has been made on your application.  To apply for work authorization, you must complete a Form I-765 (EAD) and there is no fee if it is the first time you are applying for the first time.

After one year of being granted asylum, you may apply for a permanent residency (green card).  You must file a separate application on Form I-485 for yourself and each derivative family member.  Even though it is not required to apply for a green card, it may be in your best interest to do so in case such as where country conditions change in your home country and you no longer meet the definition of an asylee due to changed circumstances.