New York Skyline

Dedicated. Dependable. Personal Attention

White House & United States Flag

“Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave. O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave” – U.S. National Anthem

US Passport

“We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.” – President Jimmy Carter


“…with liberty and justice for all.”

The United States is a land of freedom, wealth, and opportunity. It is no wonder that many people from around the world are seeking to live and work here. In order to do so, there are some specific steps and legal rules that have be followed. Sometimes, the main reason someone from out of the country would want to enter the U.S. is for a business investment. The easiest way to do this is through the use of E-2 Treaty Investment Visas.

The investment visa will allow any qualified individual from a treaty country to come into the United States and work here based on the type of investment they have here. There are some certain rules that need to be followed, including that the visa will need to be renewed every other year in order for them to stay in the U.S. to work for the E-2 business.

When understanding how to apply for this type of visa, it is important to know the facts about the type of investment you will need. Normally, the amount of cash that needs to be invested is over $50,000. This will obviously depend on the type of business that is being set up. There are also some exceptions that can be made on initial investment amounts but those are granted on a case by case basis.

When it comes time to put a dollar amount to the investment being made, it is always smart to consult a Houston immigration lawyer. They will be able to help you know what offers should be made on existing businesses. Not only that, they will help you to understand that the investment amount should only be calculated on what will be spent on the actual business. You will not be able to try and count up other expenses as part of the initial investment amount.

Anyone that has E-2 Treaty Investment Visas will be able to enter the United States at any point during their stay here but they cannot leave for a period that is greater than six months.

About the Author: Attorney Rizvi is a Houston immigration lawyer. She provides legal assistance in a variety a fields, including immigration & nationality law, wills & estate planning and business transactions. For more information please visit